Partner Energy provides comprehensive services to meet both of the LA EBEWE compliance requirements:
Two Compliance Requirements
- Energy and water consumption must be benchmarked and disclosed by owners annually.
- Buildings must undergo an energy audit and retro- commissioning every 5 years, OR seek an exemption under one of the approved exemption methods (due to COVID-19, compliance deadlines have been suspended until further notice).
Who Must Comply?
- Privately owned buildings, 20,000 sq ft and above
- City-owned buildings, 7,500 sq ft and above
- Deadline: June 1st annually (due to COVID-19, compliance deadlines have been suspended until further notice).
Audit and Retro-Commissioning
- Privately owned buildings, 20,000 sq ft or more
- City-owned buildings, 15,000 sq ft or more
- Deadline: assigned by county AIN (due to COVID-19, compliance deadlines have been suspended until further notice).
Non-compliance may incur late fees, compounding interest, and legal action against building owners.
Partner Energy offers comprehensive services for LA EBEWE compliance.
- Energy and water benchmarking
- Energy and water audits*
- Energy and water retro-commissioning*
- ENERGY STAR® certifications*
- Energy and water use intensity reduction calculations*
- Plumbing code verification*
- Energy and water systems retrofit verification*
*Partner Energy employs Professional Engineers and Registered Architects to complete the required verification and submittal to the LA Department of Building Safety for starred items.