Last Updated November 12, 2019
Efficiency Maine Trust
Eligible Renewable/Other Technologies:
Efficiency Maine offers a variety of home energy loans to help customers pay for energy upgrades. Maine homeowners can borrow up to $15,000 over 10 years with interest rates as low as 4.99% APR. There are no additional fees associated with these loans.
- Homeowners of any income (businesses are not eligible)
- Borrower must be a Maine resident
- Minimum credit score depends on loan type
- Maximum debt-to-income ratio depends on loan type
- No recent bankruptcies, foreclosures, or repossessions, depending on loan type
- Located in Maine, PACE loans only available in PACE Towns
- Required: an upgrade eligible for a Home Energy Savings Program or Low-Income Initiative rebate
- Optional: Health and safety measures if necessary to complete the upgrade (not to exceed 25% of the loan). For Example: moisture/radon mitigation before air sealing, vermiculite removal before insulation, knob and tube wiring removal before insulation, leaky roof repairs before attic insulation, chimney lining before boiler/furnace replacement, electrical panel upgrade before heat pump installation
- Upgrades must be installed by an Efficiency Maine Residential Registered Vendor. Loans can only be paid out to Registered Vendors.
- While funds are available. Loans have been available since 2011.
For more information, and to apply for a loan, go to Efficiency Maine's website.