CenterPoint Energy has introduced their Retro-Commissioning Program, which provides free retro-commissioning and technical analysis for eligible facilities within their electric service territory in the Houston metropolitan area. The program helps facility owners and managers identify a portfolio of energy efficiency measures the customer can choose to implement. Successful implementation can earn incentives of up to $10,000.
Partner Energy is an approved Retro-Commissioning agent for the program and can assist eligible properties to take advantage of the program.
- Technical Energy Analysis performed on your facility at NO cost to Owner by a qualified Retro-Commissioning Agent (engineering consulting firms specializing in your market segment).
- Customer must install at their own cost, specified low cost measures identified in the Analysis which reduces operation and energy costs sufficiently to be a cost-effective project and resulting in a Simple Payback < 3 years.
- Customer has opportunity to earn incentives up to $10,000.
- Existing facilities should be at least 400,000 square feet of air-conditioned space for Retro-Commissioning “Full” projects, or, between 150,000 and 400,000 square feet of air-conditioned space for Retro-Commissioning “Fast Track” projects.
- Free technical Analysis
- Low implementation cost
- Lower operating cost
- Cash incentives
- Payback typically less than 3 years
- Increased tenant comfort
- Longer equipment life
- 3rd Party validation
- Facility must be within CenterPoint territory.
- Office buildings, healthcare, educational facilities, etc.
- Non-transmission class (<69 kV service), OR transmission class nonprofit, education or government facilities.
- Demonstrated potential energy savings.
- Facility must have control systems.