The IPNA is a property evaluation protocol required for all existing building preservation and rehabilitation projects seeking financing and/or approval from New York affordable housing agencies.
IPNAs Consists of:
- Physical Needs Assessment
- Energy Audit
- Healthy Home Assessment
The IPNA is required for all 4% and 9% LIHTC projects. The findings will inform rehabilitation scope of work and provide capital improvement options.
Developers must engage HDC-approved providers to perform IPNAs. Partner Energy is a division of Partner Engineering and Science, Inc. DBA PSG Engineering, DPC. As such, developers work with one organization for all IPNA needs; we complete both the Needs and Energy Assessments quickly and efficiently using internal resources.
- The needs assessment will follow the ASTM E2018-15 Standard Guide and identify Critical, Short Term and Long-Term capital needs, along with replacement costs.
- The energy assessment will follow ASHRAE Level 2 Energy Survey and Analysis requirements and quantify the energy and operating expense savings from retrofits.
New York Affordable Housing Agencies’ Sustainability Requirements:
Along with the IPNA, Partner Energy can assist with meeting the NYS Department of Homes & Community Renewal (HCR) Green Guidelines and the NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development (HPD)/Housing Development Corporation (HDC) Green Building Policy.
HCR sustainability compliance options:
- Reduce energy use by 20%
- Achieve current energy code for comparable new construction
- NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program
- ENERGY STAR® for Existing Buildings
- Enterprise Green Communities Criteria for Existing Buildings
- Passive House
- National Green Building Standard for Remodeling Projects
- LEED for Existing Buildings
HPD and HDC compliance options:
- Enterprise Green Communities Certification